Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New posts...

Ok so after some serious tec problems I got it together and am now able to post my blogs. I have been writing all of these in hard copy so in no particular order here they are:

Araby

I thought Araby was a very sweet story. Mangan's sister portrays the sweet sophia archetype. She is also a little bit of a temptress because of her beauty and that she had the ability to turn our hero into a "fool" for her, but she didn't even know it. The story made me smile and brought back memories of young crushes and excitement of a new place. The young boy took quite a risk going out of his comfort zone for a young lady. Araby also reminds me of a young love story like Lady and the Tramp where a young man is so enamored with a young lady when he is a little out of his league.

A Good Man is Hard to Find

This story was not exactly what I expected, I could not get over the fact of what bratty children Bailey Boy had. I did not expect the family to all be murdered but I do agree with the title and the theme of the story. It seems like as generations pass,the world gets tougher and scarier for those living in it. Children are growing up faster and dealing with much more trauma and danger. the Misfit is a terrifying example fo what kind of people are out in this world. Good people are harder to find now then ever. It is sad that you have to be suspicious when a stranger shows you any attention . You would be pretty hard pressed to find someone who will help a stranger for a selfless reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment