Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Dream...

My dream took place at my parents house where my younger sister and I grew up. I overheard a conversation between my mother and my grandma about getting me tested for the disease my sister had. I was very freaked out especially because I had woken up with a huge lump on my neck. My sister had a similar lump, when I got my X-Ray I could see what looked like a cobra snake fused to my spinal cord. I freaked out and looked to my younger sister for advice since she had the same problem. She told me that surgery to remove the snake was too dangerous until the snake head popped out of my neck. I was mortified and fought for the immediate removal of this horrible invertebrate taking over my spine. I pleaded and cried and when I woke up I still had damp cheeks from my eyes watering in real life.

Collective Unconscious...

When I googled I got: Term of analytical psychology coined by Carl Jung. It is part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems, and describes how the structure for the psyche autonomously organizes experience.

What I think: This particular definition is pretty confusing to me. What I think Jung is talking about is human nature. Although what triggers us to feel a certain way as individuals is different, all humans are equipped to have the same emotions. It is normal to feel guilt, anger, sadness, excitement. The difference is purely what triggers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment