Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Female Archetypes...

Archetypes are my favorite topic because every story contains archetypes that create conflict. It is just the characters that portray the different archetypes that change. My focus for analyzing stories was on analyzing the archetypes and how the characters portrayed them since that is consistent throughout literature. My favorite archetype is the heroine ( pretty obvious since I'm female). The heroine is brave and strong, she is the kind of badass chick that little tomboys idolize. Her fearlessness fills the reader with excitement and ambition. The sweet Sophia archetype protrays the damsel in distress whom the hero battles to save. She is a lovable character who makes the reader like her as much as the hero does. The temptress/ villain is a beautifully nasty person. Her physical looks are stunning and sexual, she entices the hero in hopes of his demise. She is either the villain herself or works directly with or for the villain. The reader feels uneasy whenever the temptress comes onto the scene.

Antigone...

I really don't know how I feel about Antigone as a story but I very much like and respect Antigone as a character. She is brave and bold and driven in her mission. I think she is a strong women but maybe a little too impulsive. If she would have thought things through and more carefully planned her execution of the burial, more lives could have probably been salvaged. The reason I did not like the story is because of all the pointless deaths and dying. Suicide to me is very selfish and when it is glorified in stories it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment